Monday, February 3, 2014

Currently & a Playlist

8a9cdb7ef0b2f9ce2cf0bc14af787914

(Source)

Hey lovelies! Can’t believe it’s already been almost three weeks since the last time I blogged! I think I took an inadvertent blogging vacation, if you will. Ironically after recently stating that I’ve fallen back in love with blogging… yeah, go figure. But it is still true nonetheless.

Part of the reason for the little vacation is that for some reason I’ve been feeling somewhat fatigued lately. Don’t know if I’m trying to get sick or if it’s the droopy cold & wet weather we’ve had lately (I tend to hibernate in the winter, falling asleep at random moments) or if it’s just my body telling me “Hey, how about taking a freakin’ vitamin or eating some fruits and veggies every once in a while”. Somehow betting it’s the latter.

Anyway, it feels good to be blogging again! I have a lot of half finished posts I’m hoping to have up soon. But for now, here’s a little Currently post inspired by Danielle over at Sometimes Sweet! Have an awesome week, friends! :)

Reading: “Wonderstruck” by Margaret Feinberg, which is about discovering the presence of God in your everyday life. Back in December my sister had the chance to hear Margaret (who has been one of our favorite authors for years) speak at a Christmas tea with her bible study group in GA. Afterward she got to meet her. Well not only did she get her book signed but she also got one for me too and gave it to me for Christmas! While I still haven’t gotten very far in it yet (I’m the worst when it comes to making time for reading) I love it already. Totally what I needed.


Doing: Actually something fun I’ve been doing lately is selling my baked goods at my local bookstore/café every week! This has been so exciting for me! I asked the sweet lady who owns the place if I could try & take in some cookies or cupcakes once or twice a week to sell and she said that we could give it a shot and see how it went. Well the first day I took in some cookies she said that they went so fast she didn’t even get to taste one! Needless to say, I was thrilled!! So I’ve been doing this for a few weeks now and so far everything has sold really well! So excited to keep on doing this! Such a great outlet for this baking addiction/hobby of mine. :)


Working on: My long list of goals for the New Year… so far I haven’t done half bad, if I do say so myself.


Watching: Switched at Birth & Hart of Dixie (which both come on tonight!) –  my two favorite shows that just recently started back for the season. So addicted!! Also, I have been tuning into American Idol… best panel of judges they’ve ever had, in my opinion. And I’m really happy that they’ve mainly been focusing on the good singers this year. And okay, I may have watched an episode or two of the Bachelor (hangs head in shame).

Listening to: Here’s a random playlist of some songs I’ve been listening to lately ~

Random Feb 3rd 2014 by Krystal Rodriguez on Grooveshark

 

Eating: Lots of soup since it’s been so cold lately. My favorite is Zuppa Toscana, so delish! Will be sharing the recipe soon!


Loving: Selling my baked goods, of course. Switchfoot’s new album, “Fading West”, so awesome! I want to buy just about everything on this website: http://www.naturallife.com/. And this girl’s mixed media paintings on Etsy are adorable: http://www.etsy.com/shop/DanitaArt?ref=l2-shopheader-name.

No comments:

Post a Comment